Job Title: Islamic Center Office Assistant
Position details: Part-time, 4 hours daily for 5 days in the week-flexible hours ($15/hour)
Purpose: The Office Assistant is responsible for coordinating and executing the tasks to ensure that the masjid office operates efficiently.
Supervisor: The President of WIC (day-to-day). Others as delegated by President
Schedule: Office Hours as follows: Minimum of 20 hours per week. Schedule determined in consultation with the President and Imam. Flexibility to work some extra hours during busy seasons and to attend occasional meetings is expected.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
1. Computer skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, Publishing and PowerPoint presentations. Ability to create basic posters and flyers. Familiarity with website and Facebook, Twitter and other social media management.
2. Ability to organize and prioritize work, possess good communication skills, be personable, pay attention to detail, ability to follow-up, be flexible, possess good office skills, be a self-starter, and be able to work under pressure.
3. Ability to coordinate volunteers for office related needs.
4. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding community members and other volunteers.
5. Ability to understand basic financial terms such as debit, credit, checks, balance sheet and income statement.
1. Maintain a schedule of all masjid related activities such as
a. all bills and invoices to ensure that they are accurate and paid on time
b. Schedule of all licenses, permits and inspections
c. Schedule of all building maintenance and repair activities
d. Schedule of supplies and cleaning activities
e. A list of reliable vendors and suppliers such as plumbers, carpenters and other tradesmen
2. Record all financial activities in the masjid management system (Mohid) if needed
3. Coordinate with President or Imam and volunteers to publicize events including the weekly newsletter and other communication.
4. Serve as liaison between the Imam and the interfaith community.
5. Answer phones and emails, check the mail once a week, take and relay messages, assist with copier, fax machine, scanning, etc.
6. Coordinate with facility manager and president to ensure that facility related issues are attended to quickly.
How to Apply:
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to the President Osman Achempong at: email@example.com